Software Engineer-Systems – Spartanburg, S.C.
What You’ll Be Doing:
You will be assisting the team with all aspects of software development activities involving specialized multi-tasking application servers, software emulators, IVR systems, terminal emulators, software interfaces to hardware devices, etc.
Who Are We Looking For:
- Passion for ‘low level’ hard core development technologies with focus on quality and risk management.
- Enthusiasm for diving in and getting under the hood, identifying and solving problems in a wide range of software codebases in programming languages and frameworks you may or may not be familiar with.
- Ability to tackle development tasks involving software systems that are unfamiliar, as well as learning them on-the-fly.
- Ability to collaborate successfully with others across disciplines.
- Humility. Strong sense of ownership, customer service, and integrity. Willing to roll up your sleeves to help others.
- Open to contributing ideas for best practice improvements, process improvements, and innovative solutions.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
What Experience You’ll Need to Have:
Typically requires a minimum of 5+ years relevant experience:
- Superior proficiency in programming (more than two of: x86 assembler (MASM), C, C++, MFC, C#) with experience implementing complex multi-threaded Microsoft Windows services and backend applications.
- Excellent understanding of Windows event driven programming, Win32 APIs, inter-process and inter-thread communications, synchronization & thread safety concepts.
- Professional experience in developing performance-critical, low latency, high-throughput, services.
- Network programming experience and knowledge of communication and protocol stacks (TCP/IP, sockets, web services) and tools (e.g. Wireshark).
- Good knowledge of debugging and diagnostic tools (WinDbg, Sysinternals tools…).
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio, .NET, SOAP and REST APIs.
Nice to have:
- Understanding of Scrum and Agile.
- Any previous development experience in healthcare and payment processing (claims processing, electronic prescriptions, credit cards, Ingenico devices…).
- Any experience/understanding of cloud technologies, Containers, Microservices, AI, ML.
What Education You’ll Need to Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Mathematics, preferred.
- This position is in-house only
- Please submit your cover letter and resume in PDF format. Thank you!
- Relocation assistance available.
- Smith Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Follows the Federal Guidelines for a Drug-Free Work Environment.
Apply for this Job Now
- Integra LTC Solutions, LLC. is an equal opportunity employer and Follows the Federal Guidelines for a Drug-Free Work Environment.
- Offers of employment are contingent upon passing a drug screening and background check.
- Integra is an EOE (Equal Opportunity Employer).