Senior Software Test Engineer/QA Lead – Anacortes and Lynnwood, WA
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Manage day-to-day work of test team.
- Coach and participate directly, at a senior-level, in the work the team does.
- Participate in requirements and design reviews, ensuring details are clear.
- Collaborate with product managers and developers to estimate and organize work.
- Plan testing to ensure good coverage of impacted/higher-risk product areas.
- Run tests (manual and automated), record results, track defects and test fixes.
- Supply documentation and training for Client Services.
- Release software to Client Services.
- Provide troubleshooting support when issues are escalated from the field.
- Create test automation
- Maintain high-expectations of quality and productivity for the team.
- Ensure consideration of risk and cost-benefit for all work the team does.
- Report on testing progress.
- Provide feedback, so management can hold team performance reviews and set goals.
- Mentor team in testing skills, technical skills, and testing best practices.
- Directly contribute to process improvements that make the department more efficient and effective.
Who Are We Looking For:
- Highly organized.
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people.
- Exceptional team participation skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills.
What Experience You’ll Need to Have:
- Innate test and troubleshooting skills. Enough years of experience to understand testing best practices and effectively mentor team in these areas.
- Leadership experience or skills.
- Solid working knowledge in Windows operating systems, networking, and SQL OR solid working knowledge of Linux, networking, MySQL and MMM for MySQL.
What Education You’ll Need to Have:
2 or 4-year degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience.
What Experience Would Be Beneficial:
- Formal test training.
- Agile software development lifecycle experience.
- Coding experience, degree, or experience writing software test automation.
Please note the following items before submitting your resume and cover letter:
- This position is in-house only.
- Please submit your cover letter and resume in PDF format. Thank you!
- Relocation assistance available.
- Smith Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Follows the Federal Guidelines for a Drug-Free Work Environment.
Apply for this Job Now
- Integra LTC Solutions, LLC. is an equal opportunity employer and Follows the Federal Guidelines for a Drug-Free Work Environment.
- Offers of employment are contingent upon passing a drug screening and background check.
- Integra is an EOE (Equal Opportunity Employer).