Senior SQL Database Engineer – Spartanburg, S.C.
Who’s the Boss:
You’ll be working under the guidance of Chris Lewis, Development Manager.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Perform activities related to the administration of large mission critical, high throughput distributed OLTP MS DQL databases serving clients throughout the United States.
- Provide operational services which maximize system availability (high-availability and system recovery) for critical applications and optimize error-free processes.
- Configure, deploy, and maintain High-Availability and Disaster Recovery solutions for critical applications to meet SLAs.
- Maintain strong security profiles with application of industry best practices (HIPAA, PCI), consistent patching, updates and audit log assessments.
- Provide support and guidance to developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement, data modeling and physical database design.
- Interact with other internal application teams, IT, and systems groups, to triage and diagnose, identify root causes, troubleshoot database alerts and issues related to assigned databases or areas.
- Hands-on support of large databases, including, but not limited to, availability monitoring, security, general database maintenance, backup/recovery, documentation, and configuration.
- Implement new database technologies introduced by MS SQL to improve the performance and throughput of the database and increase the availability and reliability on the MS SQL environment.
Who Are We Looking For:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills, with the ability to work in a cooperative DevOps team environment.
- Passion for database administration and technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to apply database concepts to business requirements.
- Contribute ideas for best practice improvements, process improvements, and innovative solutions.
- Participate in on-call rotation to provide support for critical systems.
What Experience You’ll Need to Have:
- 10+ years of administering enterprise level, mission critical multisite distributed databases.
- 8+ years of experience with MS SQL technologies utilizing high availability and disaster recovery methodologies.
- Strong experience with performance tuning and systems monitoring.
- Proficiency in Microsoft AlwaysOn Availability Groups.
- Understanding of project management principles.
- Understanding of DevOps practices including Continuous Integration, Continuous Deliver, Monitoring, and Logging.
- Strong understanding of database concepts and principles.
- Ability to define database infrastructure that support business requirements.
Nice to Have:
- SQL Server certification or MVP status.
- Understanding of healthcare and payment processing industries.
- Knowledge of enterprise scale distributed NoSQL technologies.
What Education You’ll Need to Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or Engineering discipline, or equivalent.
What Experience Would Be Beneficial:
- Previous experience working in high security database environment.
- Previous DevOps experience in VMWare data center environment.
- This position is in-house only
- Please submit your cover letter and resume in PDF format. Thank you!
- Relocation assistance available.
- Smith Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Follows the Federal Guidelines for a Drug-Free Work Environment.
Apply for this Job Now
- Integra LTC Solutions, LLC. is an equal opportunity employer and Follows the Federal Guidelines for a Drug-Free Work Environment.
- Offers of employment are contingent upon passing a drug screening and background check.
- Integra is an EOE (Equal Opportunity Employer).