IT Systems Engineer – Anacortes, WA
What You’ll Be Doing
- Design, installation, configuration and administration of the following: a Windows Active Directory based network, VMware virtualization environment, Microsoft hyper-converged environment, Linux/Unix based application servers.
- Design, installation, configuration and administration of Microsoft based network servers such as SFTP, DNS, VPN, and WSUS servers.
- Perform base server builds/rebuilds/upgrades in a timely manner.
- Rack new server/storage hardware including stacking, wiring, cable managing and equipment labeling.
- Respond rapidly and accurately to break-fix escalations when production systems have hardware and software issues.
- Routine monitoring of server performance metrics for capacity planning and load balancing.
- Maintain and monitor data backups and restore data as needed.
- Maintain and configure monitoring system used to check critical servers and systems.
- Requires on call duty.
Who Are We Looking For:
- Good interpersonal skills and calm demeanor when faced with tight deadlines and challenging situations.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Must be knowledgeable of networking protocols, with a good understanding of TCP/IP and services such as FTP, HTTP, LDAP, SNMP, and SMTP.
- Outstanding time management skills and ability to prioritize effectively as well as function with minimal supervision.
- Ability to engage oneself and others in continuous learning is necessary.
- Exceptional troubleshooting ability.
What Experience You’ll Need to Have:
- Experience installing hardware components (hard drives, RAM, CPU, etc.)
- Three to five years’ experience working with a Microsoft Windows Active Directory environment.
- Experience troubleshooting hardware and operating system issues.
- Experience with or familiarity with Tier 2 data center.
- Working knowledge of Dell server hardware and Linux operating system.
- Experience creating and administering group policy in a domain environment.
What Education You’ll Need to Have:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- An active Microsoft MCSE certification required.
- This position is in-house only.
- Please submit your cover letter and resume in PDF format. Thank you!
- Relocation assistance available.
- Smith Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Follows the Federal Guidelines for a Drug-Free Work Environment.
- Integra LTC Solutions, LLC. is an equal opportunity employer and Follows the Federal Guidelines for a Drug-Free Work Environment.
- Offers of employment are contingent upon passing a drug screening and background check.
- Integra is an EOE (Equal Opportunity Employer).